Monday, February 3, 2020

Chizu's 2020 Wardrobe Post



Hello everyone!

It has been a REALLY long time since I did a wardrobe post. The last one was 2016 [which can be found here] and my wardrobe has changed pretty drastically since.

To give a brief summary, I was dating someone who shamed me for liking sweet lolita fashion, and in 2017 I sold off most of my sweet items, including my very first brand dress. After I broke up with her, I was determined to rejoin lolita fashion and my local community in 2018, and thought for a long time that I would associate sweet with her, and thus needed to switch to gothic. But it just didn't spark the same kind of joy. My current partner (who is so lovely and supportive) helped me realize that it was okay to wear what I wanted again, and thus 2019 was spent rebuilding my sweet wardrobe. And now, here we are!
  • ♥ All photos were taken with and edited on the spot with my phone, so I did my best to adjust color to most accurately represent the pieces themselves!
  • ♥ Most of my pieces have waist ties and all detachables, but if they don't I make note of it.
  • ♥ I did not take photos of parasols, bonnets, hats, jewelry, coats/jackets, sundries, or underthings, sorry!
  • ♥ Click on an image to see it full-size!
  • ♥ For worn pictures, feel free to check out my personal Instagram: @chizukekihime

First, we'll start with main pieces!


Angelic Pretty - Rose Princess OP in white (2007)
A piece that stuck with me through the hard times! This is one of my favorites, it fits me PERFECTLY and is so far my only long sleeved OP with sleeves long enough for my tallita ass. Bonus, I bought it from a dear friend at my first swap meet.


Alice and the Pirates - unknown underskirt
I grabbed this a few years ago because every tallita needs at least one underskirt, but I haven't actually USED it for that yet, though. Sometimes I just wear it as a regular skirt.


Bodyline - LGOP-0277X in white
It is SO comfy. It's made of a jersey sweater knit material, with the texture on the inside. It's a bit short on my long arms but I'm used to it and just wear a cardigan over it or pair it with wristcuffs.


Pennyhouse Lolita - Rose Cross OP in white (2015)
I have a love/hate relationship with this dress. I love its design dearly, and it uses very nice lace. But the main material of the dress is awful- a very VERY thin polyester that is so thin in fact that even with the cheap poly lining inside the skirt you can see through it if you put something with color under it, ie your hand. Also it reacted the one time I wore it to the deodorant I had on; I pulled it from laundry to take this picture lmao.


Angelic Pretty - Lady Rose JSK and canotier in white, OTKs in pink (2008)
I've had this set so long I bought it on the EGL Comm Sales Livejournal group, if that tells you anything! I actually wore this to Paradiso in 2018 and nobody recognized the print or brand, I was in shock. All of these new, young lolitas make me feel so old!!!


Angelic Pretty - Powder Rose Chest Ribbon JSK in white (2010)
I got it for super cheap and I got the stains out but I still have yet to replace the stretched out elastic. I can, I'm just very lazy.


Angelic Pretty - Soap Bubbles OP in white (2009)
I honestly thought I wouldn't find this for a LONG time but then this one popped up, ironically from someone I know! It's missing the original slip but it doesn't bother me much because I want to wear it over various other dresses I have anyways. I'll be wearing it to Paradiso this year!


Angelic Pretty - Fancy Candy OP in white (2019)
I was shocked to see this at the AP USA booth at Paradiso last year, so of course I snagged it. I'm not the biggest fan of straight polyester pieces but this one is actually very thick and easy to wash so I love it!


Angelic Pretty - Fantastic Dolly High-waisted JSK in ivory (2010)
I found this piece SUPER cheap back when Wunderwelt was just starting out and still selling heavily damaged pieces. It was just stained, and with a wash it was good as new! It is SOOOO comfy.


Angelic Pretty - Fruity Lemon JSK in yellow (2019)
I had to jump in on the MTO for this as I couldn't afford it when it was initially released. I can't wait to do some nice summer coordinates with it this year.


Bodyline - Juicy Strawberry Gingham High Waist (L048) in yellow
Originally I thought I would look terrible in yellow because I am so white lol, but 2019 taught me that apparently it looks really cute on me. So this is a great casual skirt.


Angelic Pretty - Bloom OP in pink (2008)
This dress is extra special to me right now, because not only is it GORGEOUS but I also wore it to pick up my partner from the airport, thus officially ending the long distance part of our relationship!!! <3 I think I'll wear it to my birthday tea party!


Metamorphose Temps de Fille - Honey Picnic skirt in pink (2010)
My friend ended up getting her choice cut of the jsk instead so she traded this to me! It was actually too small for both of us so I altered it and moved the clasps over so now it fits much better.


Angelic Pretty - Milky-chan the Fawn Ribbon JSK, headbow, and ring in pink, OTKs in white (2009)
I feel like Milky-chan is just kind of one of those staples. If you're a sweet lolita then you HAVE to have or want Milky-chan, end of discussion lmao. It's so popular. The socks were a very happy accident and came in a used sock lot! Someday I would really like to own the bag and cardigan/parka, with the pink fake fur.


Angelic Pretty - Sweet Waffle JSK in pink (2013)
I absolutely adore this dress. It fits me like a glove, like if my bust was any bigger it wouldn't look nearly as good. It has perfect length, I love the texture of the fabric, it has THREE pockets (?!?!?!) It's also one of my best friend's dream dresses though so if anyone sees it for sale please hit me up so I can buy it for her too!!!! It would mean the world to me if I could get it for her!! ;__; You could message me here or on Instagram!! (@chizukekihime)


Angelic Pretty - Royal Tailor OP and choker in pink (2009)
Honestly this is such a lovely piece, but it's so loud that I rarely have occasions to wear it to. I feel bad, I've only worn it twice now in the many years I've had it, but I love it so much I can't sell it. It's a gorgeous velveteen, and there's so many awesome details on it, it's a real statement.


Bodyline - Love Heart Balloon JSK in pink
Totally a whim, a friend was giving it away so I adopted it in a heartbeat. I haven't had a chance to wear it yet but I absolutely should for Valentine's. I love all the colors in it, it opens the way for lots of different ways to coordinate it.


Angelic Pretty - Holy Night Story Switch JSK and headbow in pink (2010)
(I also have matching socks but I can't tell if they're specifically FOR this release or not.)
The weird salmon pink color of this always turned me off of it from photos, but when someone was selling it at a swap meet and I saw the glitter??? And the velveteen?? And the little charms on the headbow? I tried to fight it but obviously it won in the end, and honestly it was a great trade.


Metamorphose Temps de Fille - Heart Leopard OP in pink (2008)
I got this atrocious thing and I love it, even though it's missing the waist bow. I'll probably wear it later this month because, duh, Valentine's. It's hilariously short on me though so I definitely need to buy an underskirt for it lol. Very comfy!


Metamorphose Temps de Fille - unknown camouflage skirt/possibly Camouflage Front Pintuck Skirt in pink (2001?)
I mean it was like $30 on Wunderwelt and... Look at it. It's so delightfully ugly. I love it. I want more camo now in my weird hodgepodge wardrobe.
It's missing the waist ties but hell I don't care. It's so ugly it doesn't need them.


Bodyline - L573 skirt in pink
This is way more classic than I normally go for but hell it was $2 so WHY WOULD I NOT BUY IT? It's pretty comfy and the floral fabric is a gorgeous brocade(?) with such lovely texture, print quality and detail, pictures DO NOT do this justice. It's beautiful, and so is the lace. It has a detachable bow AND DETACHABLE WAIST TIES? I'm in love.


Bodyline - L573 skirt in purple
I couldn't decide which color I liked more so for $2 I was like "Why not both?" This one might be a bit harder to coord but I'm up for the challenge. The red in this is actually more of a plum burgundy, whereas the red of the pink skirt is wine! I thought that was such a nice detail when I noticed it in person, that they didn't just use the same fabric for both colorways.


Alice and the Pirates - St. Mephisto Cathedrale OP in lavender (2010)
I still haven't worn it and I've had it for several months, I feel so bad, but I was sick all of October so it just didn't happen. I think it'll be a great Easter/Ostara dress though! (Wink wink.) It's missing a cross button tho and idk where to find a replacement, it doesn't have a spare sewn to the tags.


Angelic Pretty - Mercator Antique Shop JSK in lavender (2014)
My first brand new brand piece! I bought it from AP USA at its first release, and the stock photos did it no justice. It's a much prettier lavender in person--but it's also extremely hard to coord because of that. Nevertheless I love it and I don't think I could ever let it go.


R. T&night - Jelly Fish JSK in lavender (2018)
I love this dress for so many reasons! I met one of my new best friends when they were wearing the OP version in this colorway! They recommended it and the Taobao service they used for it and it was awesome. The chiffon is very nice quality, with a clear print and glitter woven through the fabric so it has a soft shimmer in person that's just gorgeous.


Alice and the Pirates - Trick Hat, Pricked Heart (Babydoll JSK) in purple (2012)
Even though it's a kind of sack dress, the thing is so damn comfy and versatile for casual coords I just love it. One of my best friends found the headbow for me for Christmas! ;__;


Baby the Stars Shine Bright - Angel Print (Grosgrain) OP in lavender (2007) ; BABY History Strongest Crown (2006)
It's very oppulent, so I wore it for the tea party at Paradiso last year. It's featured with the crown because while they weren't a set, they were featured together in the GLB for this piece's main release. So naturally I wore them together!


To Alice / Doll Paradise - Unknown Mermaid Print in lavender
I got this for like $20 from one of my best friends cause it just wasn't her thing, but I adore the illustrations. I only like prints with people on them if they don't have a face for some reason? So this faceless mermaid is right up my alley and gives big Imai Kira vibes.


Angelic Pretty - School March JSK and barette in lavender (2010)
I'm so used to Angelic Pretty always fitting me that I neglected to check how LONG it was... And being a tallita you can guess where this is going. So technically this isn't lolita. OTL But I'm including it because it's AP and I just love it so much despite that. It's just... Casual. That's all. >__>


Angelic Pretty - Sugary Carnival JSK and headbow in lavender (2009 First Release)
This print was ALL THE RAGE when I joined lolita, and I was so sick of seeing it everywhere that I decided I didn't want it or even like it! But after seeing it in person my heart did a flip and I couldn't say no. It's everything you dream of when you think of Angelic Pretty - iconic.


Angelic Pretty x Vantan Collaboration - Milky School OP and hat in lavender (2012)
I found this set completely on accident, and I'm so glad I grabbed it because it's adorable--even though the sleeves are short on me. Like, just past my elbow short. /)__(\ So I need to wear sweaters with it, or at least a blouse or wrist cuffs. But I just love it so much.


Angelic Pretty - Airy Unicorn JSK and headbow in sax (2019)
It's wonderful; the organza overlay has the most subtle shift from warm to cool tones of purple in the light, and it's very light and airy, not to mention comfortable. It was the first piece I bought from Angelic Pretty Japan's website.


Angelic Pretty - Topping Sugar JSK and headbow in sax (2019)
Topping Sugar! I ADORED this when it came out, and originally I was so distraught when I missed the sax JSK on AP USA, and even AP Paris. It was sheer luck that I happened to check the AP Japan website and saw it was still in stock! I just love wearing it; it's comfy, lightweight, and so SO easy to coord.


Bodyline - L526 in sax-owh
The clear, crystal-like plastic buttons and the cute details on the ends of the waist ties, as well as the flattering cut of the bust really sold me on this when I tried coording it. I love to wear it when I'm having a hard or stressful time, it gives me this sense of warmth and comfort and makes me feel really pretty, even though it's just Bodyline.


Angelic Pretty - Cosmetics Print OP in sax (2005)
I originally didn't pay this print much attention but when I saw someone was offering it for trade I figured I'd take a chance and try it out--and that's how I met the lovely person who sold me Soap Bubbles! Unfortunately, it has a middle zipper so I can't get it zipped up or down by myself. Other than that though I love it.


Angelic Pretty - Colorful Sherbet skirt in sax (2010)
I was nervous at first, because I've had AP skirts before and they were so tight they were uncomfortable, but it turns out this one fits me GREAT with room to spare, so I love it for casual. I actually got it from the same person who sold me Sweet Waffle!


Bodyline - UNFT0127H
Okay so this is actually one of Bodyline's maid outfits but I had a sneaking suspicion that A) it was long enough and B) it could be coorded right for lolita, so I got it and tried it a few ways and it definitely works. I don't plan on using the apron much so I didn't steam the apron yet. It'll look cute with long sleeved blouses and cardigans.


Bodyline - Love Nadia OP in sax
Best $6 spent. It has a pocket. It's fully shirred and extremely comfortable. Good fabric. Print is backwards. It's basically everything I love about Bodyline. 100/10.


Angelic Pretty - Royal Unicorn Switching Gobelins JSK in lavender (2013)
I got it for myself as a birthday gift, and I LOVE it. It is so regal, with such beautiful custom fabric, soft velveteen, gorgeous waist ties and that BROOCH. THAT. BROOCH.


Lily of the Valley - Forest of the Unicorn skirt in blue (2011?)
I'd been on the lookout for this print for YEARS, since I always missed the rereleases somehow, and I ended up trading someone for it at the swap meet at Paradiso! Its seams were ripped in a few spots, but they proved to be easy fixes like I'd thought. Later at the event I ended up hanging out with Tyler, the owner and designer of LotV herself, and when I mentioned grabbing this piece she mentioned it was from the first release!


Angelic Pretty - Fruity Lemon Special Set JSK and barette in sax
Real talk I hated this when it came out, I thought it was ugly as hell with those stock photos. I placed my MTO order for the JSK in yellow and figured I was done with it. Then I went to Paradiso and saw this in person at the AP USA booth. It was a pretty sky blue in person, and it had the shiny glitter-like threads in the fabric. A total sack, therefor extra comfy. Long, for my tallita ass. Comes with head accessory. I tried to fight it but gave up and got it with the help of my mom. I almost missed it! I had to put it on hold while my mom and I sorted out an issue with the credit card we were using (it read the transaction as fraud) and while we were working on it, a shop girl nearly sold it to someone else, not seeing that it was on hold with my name on it. I barely noticed in time and came over to interrupt the transaction, and the gal who'd been helping me instantly swooped in to help out when she saw what was going on so I didn't look like an asshole. I still feel kinda bad for that girl but goddamn do I actually love this dress????


Angelic Pretty - Sugar Sky JSK and headbow in yellow (2019)
This release made me angee (angry.) Everyone couldn't stop sh*tting all over this colorway when it was announced, and I thought I'd have an easy time buying it. No. It sold out in seconds, and the other colorways were left sitting in the dust. I'm still planning to get the OP, because I ADORE this series and planned to get both dresses from the beginning, but it's on the backburner until I get my tax return. (Honoka-san basically owns me at this point, let's be real.)


Metamorphose Temps de Fille - Cherry Double Tier Flare Skirt in sax (2002)
A super cool bro showed the listing to me at a meet since I'd mentioned loving this print, and I grabbed it for like $20ish? It's missing the waist ties but eh, that's alright.


Angelic Pretty - Chess Chocolate Jabot OP in mint (2011 first release)
I got this at Paradiso. Also, I'm not sure how or what the previous owner used, but it smells like chocolate! Perhaps it was a chocolate scented spray? I NEED TO KNOW. IF YOU'RE OUT THERE AND READING THIS, WHAT MAGIC DID YOU USE???


Angelic Pretty - Mercator Antique Shop Special Set JSK, OTKs, and headbow in mint (2014)
Getting this secondhand was a nightmare, and I hope I can make enough happy memories with it to stop associating the negativity with it.


Angelic Pretty - Carnival Applique JSK and headbow in mint (2010)
I LOVE THIS SET, I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER FIND IT. BLESS THE SELLER WHO AGREED TO SELL THIS TO ME WHILE MY WORK WAS UNSTEADY. BLESS THIS SELLER.


Angelic Pretty - Mermaid ☆ Symphony OP in mint (2008)
BLESS THE SELLER WHO AGREED TO SELL ME THIS SET--jk, but also kinda same.


Angelic Pretty - Assorted Cookie JSK in mint (2010)
My darling, my first love, how could I have ever betrayed you?
I sold it but the person I sold it to sold it back to me and this piece is now one of my top prized posessions. First brand dress, got it on the Comm Sales. I will be buried in this dress.


Metamorphose Temps de Fille - Pink Lemonade Low Waist Pinafore Dress and barette in mint (2015)
The material is gorgeous and it looks so good on me. Man I can't wait for summer.


Angelic Pretty - Sheep Garden OP in black (2011)
It apparently was stained, and the elastic was completely stretched out in various parts of the neckline and sleeves. So I fixed it all up!


Glutinous - Hawaii Banana JSK and headband in black (2018)
It's so delightfully tacky, and the bright colors are so fun. I genuinely love the mixtures of bright yellow and hot pink in this and I have a fun time coording it, even though it's kind of a meme dress. Despite being made out of a very thin chiffon-like material, it's extremely well made and VERY comfortable.


Glutinou - Hawaii Banana Parka/Overdress in black (2018)
I also loved the parka so I snagged that too, even just to wear it outside of lolita.


Angelic Pretty - Holy Wolf JSK in black (2018)
My chonk woof bloodbath dress! It's one piece from my weird "I'm gonna be a gothic lolita now" phase that I kept with me because I genuinely like it.


Angelic Pretty - Aqua Princess JSK, headbow, and choker in black (2011)
I really want to do some hime lolita looks with this, but because it's such a nice and special dress I only want to wear it to special occasions, and I haven't found the right occasion yet.


Metamorphose Temps de Fille x Barbie in Laforet - Barbie Ribbon full set in black (2015)
I didn't even know that Barbie had done a collab with the brands, it never would have occurred to me in a million years until I saw this pop up secondhand. I only wear it to VERY special occasions, to keep it pristine and in like new condition. It's so beautiful.


Alice and the Pirates - Queen of Snow and the Magic of Whiteness JSK I and headbow in black (2012)
My sister bought it for me for a birthday gift??? I feel so lucky and grateful, but unfortunately I've only worn it twice. I currently have it listed for sale, and if it sells I'll give the money back to her since I think that's what's right. I just wish it was easier to coord.


Bodyline - L445 in black
It's super comfy, well made, and it's plenty long on me. The headbow is HUGE but that just means I'll have to wear twin tails with it or something, oh no, the tragedy :P


Angelic Pretty - Chocolat-chan Going Out skirt and headbow in black (2007)
There are a few spots where the velveteen has rubbed off a bit but they're not noticeable when worn; Chocolat-chan was also missing her headbow prior to this, but I just made her a new one with some black ribbon and a little bit of white paint and made sure to tack it down for her so it stays nice and secure. Two of my best friends got me the headbow for Christmas this year! ;__; I'm so lucky!


Metamorphose Temps de Fille - Twinkle Journey skirt in black (2010 First Release)
This skirt is missing the waist ties and the little detachable ribbon and pearl(?) chain, but that's why I got it for such a good deal, several years before the rerelease. My mom got it for me as a Christmas gift!


Handmade skirt in navy
My mom made this skirt for me way back when I was first starting out in lolita. It's very comfy and it does hold a petticoat, so I love using it for casual. It will always be special to me.


Alice and the Pirates - Treasure Hunt in the Mystic Island Alvida JSK and headbow in navy (2017)
This dream dress drove me nuts and took literal years to get. I still haven't worn it yet, but I'm waiting for the right occasion.


Alice and the Pirates - Guilty Meltin Sweets Town JSK II in navy (2014)
Got this for mom to wear with me to a Vampire Dinner meet! I'd rather have it in ivory but until I find ivory in this cut, we'll keep this one.

Blouses!
I'll just mention brand names; if you want to know the name of a specific one, feel free to ask!


AP


AP, Bodyline


Vintage x2, Offbrand, Innocent World


Metamorphose, Bodyline, Vintage, Offbrand


AP


Vintage, Bodyline x2, Vintage


H&M, Vintage, H&M


H&M, Offbrand x3


Bodyline, Offbrand x3


Bodyline x2

Cutsews!


Bodyline x2, Hot Topic lmao


Meta, AP x3


AP, Offbrand x2


AP


Aatp, BtssB, AP

Cardigans!


Bodyline, BtssB, Offbrand, Putumayo


Vintage, Offbrand, AP x2


AP (a gift from a friend!!)


Putumayo, Btssb

Socks!











Shoes!





Purses!











Headdresses (or some at least)!






PHEW! That wasn't even everything omfg.
Thank you so much for viewing, and have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment